Update: H.R. 1957 – Taxpayer First Act of 2019 was insufficient. Introduced to be voted on this week is H.R. 3151, another version of the Taxpayer First Act of 2019. It was introduced by Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) yesterday, June 6.
Considering myself a watchdog, I’m starting this additional series. This is for friends, family, and readers. Anyone interested in following with the news before it’s news, especially as it pertains to Congress, can come here to further inform themselves and their representatives.
I’ll also be sharing these as posts to my Facebook Page, whenever I can, and hopefully will maintain consistency in this work from here on in. I’m not paid for this service. However, if you like what I’m doing, please consider becoming a Patron on my Patreon. Thank you.
This week, June 10, the House of Representatives is voting on some notable resolutions and bills. Call your House member to inform them how you would like to see them vote. Call now!
To inform yourself regarding the following, start with https://www.congress.gov/ and then whatever methods of information gathering you use for your decision-making on these issues. I like to use Twitter because the amount of opinions out there. But that’s just me. Maybe you ask your parents, or your friends. Whatever you do, democracy needs you. Make your voice heard.
- H.R.951 – United States-Mexico Tourism Improvement Act of 2019
- H.Res.372 – Expressing concern for the United States-Turkey alliance
- H.R.2590 – DHS Overseas Personnel Enhancement Act of 2019
- H.R.2140 – Preventing Child Marriage Act
- H.R.2476 – Securing American Nonprofit Organizations Against Terrorism Act of 2019
- H.R.542 – Supporting Research and Development for First Responders Act
- H.R.2539 – Strengthening Local Transportation Security Capabilities Act of 2019
- H.R.1158 – DHS Cyber Incident Response Teams Act of 2019
- H.R.2609 – DHS Acquisition Review Board Act of 2019
- H.R.2083 – Homeland Procurement Reform Act